See what you know. Bible Trivia
And take note of the Spirituality Page in the bulletin all Summer with reflections on the Bible…
- Where were the apostles first called Christians? (Acts 11:24-26)
- Who replaced Judas to complete the 12 apostles? (Acts 1.26)
- Who said, `I have need to be baptized of thee, and yet You have come to me? (Mt. 3:14)
- Whom did Paul study under (as Saul)? (Acts 22:3)
- Who wrote 1 and 2 Timothy? (Timothy1:1)
- Jesus said, “You must be born again” to whom? (John 3:7-8)
- What is the “Promise” of Pentecost? (Acts 2:33)
- What is the name of the village where Christ turned water into wine (John 2) ?
- Which group was the ruling council of the Jews who plotted to kill Jesus? (Gospels)
- Where in the New Testament is Romans’ letter, after which book? (New Testament)
- What did Jesus and the disciples do after the last supper and before going to the Mount of Olives? (Mark 14:26)
- As Luke describes it, what was Jesus’ last gesture to the apostles before He Ascended on the fortieth day? Lk. 20:50, Acts 1:9
- What is the last book of the Old (Hebrew) Testament, as put after Zechariah? (see before Matthew)?
No peeking at the answers below until you are finished anwering.
ANSWERS The apostles were first called Christians in Antioch (Acts 11.24-26) Matthias replaced Judas to complete the apostles’ number back to twelve? (Acts 1.26) `I have need to be baptized of thee, and yet You have come to me” was said by John the Baptist (Matthew 3:14) Paul was Saul as he studied under Gamaliel (Acts 22:3) Paul wrote 1 and 2 Timothy to his disciple (Timothy1:1) Jesus said to Nicodemus, “You must be born again” (John 3:7-8) The “Promise” of Pentecost is the Holy Spirit. (Acts 2:33) Cana is where that first miracle of the water to wine took place (John 2). The Sanhedrin plotted to kill Jesus. (various Gospel accounts) After the Acts of the Apostles in the N.T., St. Paul to the Romans follows it. After the Last Supper the disciples sang a hymn. Mk. 14:26 At His Ascension, “He lifted up his hands” and “blessed them” (Luke 20:50) and as they looked on to Jesus, as then “He was lifted up… and a cloud received Him out of their sight”. (Acts 1:9) The last book in the Old Testament is Malachi.