Please fill out the 2016-2017 Religious Education Registration form and return to the Parish Office by September 15, 2016. Open house is September 18/19 and classes begin September 25/26
A separate registration form is to be completed for each child. First-time registrant must provide a copy of Baptism, First Eucharist and Confirmation certificate as applicable. Child is not placed in class until registration payment is received. You can mail it to the attention of Helene Stever or bring it to the Parish Life Center Office of Religious Education
For more information, please contact:
Director of Youth Religious Education
Because the Office of Religious Education fully recognizes and respects parents as the primary educators of their children, it welcomes and embraces their role in the educational process. In this respect, the Office of Youth Religious Education and parents must work together as a team to bring the children of Resurrection Parish toward a greater experience, appreciation, and understanding of the following:
- A greater experience of the total and unconditional love of God who forms each person as a unique and unrepeatable creation.
- A greater experience of their relationship with Jesus.
- A greater appreciation of their membership and connection to the Catholic Christian community.
- A greater understanding of themselves as members of the Catholic Church who share in its universal mission to bring the Gospel Message of Jesus Christ to the world.
Available Religious Education Classes:
- Sunday morning: K-HS 10:15am-11:30am
- Monday evening: K-HS 6:00pm-7:15pm
Weekly Religious Education class does not replace Mass attendance for the student. We strongly encourage Sunday students to attend 9:00 am Mass.
Inclement Weather and Emergencies
- Grades K-8: “Faith First” Legacy Edition, RCL Benzinger Publisher
- High School: “Horizons”, St. Mary’s Press
- Sacramental Preparation:1st Reconciliation/1st Communion: “Together in Jesus”, Pflaum Publishing
- Sacramental Preparation: Confirmation: “Gifted with the Spirit”, Pflaum Publishing
In the event of inclement weather or other emergencies, Religious Education classes will follow Montgomery County Public School’s closure decisions. In the event of inclement weather or other emergencies following the close of the regular school day, listen to your local radio station, or log on to Montgomery County Public Schools, Rockville:www.montgomeryschoolsmd.org/emergency/closings/
or call the parish youth Religious Education office: 301-236-5200 ext. 13.